We are most grateful to donors who provide us with specific items needed. We have limited storage space and resources, and must manage the items we receive. Please contact our Volunteer & Community Outreach Coordinator at (514) 937-2341, ext. 238 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about our existing needs, though our most needed items are described below.
We accept in-kind donations from 9:00am to 3:00pm, Monday to Saturday.
While we receive donated food from Moisson Montréal, we must also purchase additional food for meals and emergency food bag needs, and therefore accept contributions of both perishable and non-perishable food items.
We do not own a refrigerated truck and donations are usually delivered to us. We accept prepared foods from conferences in the downtown area but are not able to accept foods the same evening following after-hour galas.
(not limited to)
- Combs, hair brushes, hair elastics
- Shampoos and other hair products
- Hair dyes
- Sanitary pads, tampons
- Deodorant, body spray
- Toothbrushes, toothpaste, dental floss
- Cosmetics, such as make-up and nail polishes
- Toilet paper
- Band-Aids, first aid kits, latex gloves
- Unopened and non-expired ointments and pain-relievers such as aspirin
- Unopened and non-expired multi-vitamins
- Sun screen
- Adult diapers
- Coffee shops and fast food restaurants
- Movie passes
- Pharmaceutical and grocery stores
- Home renovation stores
We also gladly accept donations of bus tickets.
Given the lack of storage space we have, please contact our Volunteer & Community Outreach Coordinator at (514) 937-2341 ext. 238 to inquire if any of the following items are needed by any actual clients:
- Small electrical appliances and kitchen supplies
- Bed linens and towels
- Furniture (on a case-by-case basis which can be delivered to the client)
Due to limited space, we do not accept computers, printers, etc.
Clients regularly have access to our clothing room to select clothing that they may need. We encourage clothing companies who have large quantities of new clothing to contact our Volunteer & Community Outreach Coordinator at 514 937-2341, extension 238 to coordinate their donation. We do not accept children’s clothing nor men’s clothing. Our needs for clothing are seasonal (we do not have the storage space to store past seasons) as well as casual wear rather than business attire. We are also in need for XL and XXL sizes. Depending on the season, our clothing needs are the following:
- Tank tops
- Summer blouses
- Flat sandals and flip-flops
- One piece bathing suits
- Raincoat and umbrellas
- Windbreakers and snowpants
- Hats, scarves, gloves and mitts
- Wool and corduroy pants (we also accept old and damaged wool sweaters to make mittens. Must be 100% wool – coloured, patterned, and textured pullovers are greatly appreciated).
- Tops, t-shirts
All year long:
- Socks and stockings
- Pants, jeans, and sweatpants
- Tops, t-shirts
- Comfortable shoes
Our wish list includes items that the day shelter itself can use, including:
- Bath towels
- New, plastic utensils and plates
- Bus tickets
- Laundry detergent
- Garbage bags – large and small
- Light bulbs
- Copy paper
- File folders: legal and letter size
- Postage stamps
- White Out
- Kitchen supplies: All types – including Ziplock bags, aluminum foil, saran wrap