Make a Donation
When you donate to Chez Doris, your gift will have a direct impact on the lives of the vulnerable women who rely on our services.
To fulfill our mandate 24 hours a day, we largely depend on private donations and grants. Chez Doris also believes in the importance of providing affordable permanent housing as a sustainable solution in breaking the cycle and homelessness.
CHEZ DORIS, DAY & NIGHT
In 2021, Chez Doris is preparing to broaden its mission and expand its services with two new points of service: an emergency shelter with 22 beds within walking distance from our day shelter and a permanent residence with 26 apartments in collaboration with the Société habitation de Montréal. These projects will be funded through a major fundraising campaign, “Chez Doris, Day & NIght”, launching in September 2021. Other projects are currently in progress.
Other ways to donate
Donate by mail
Cheques may be made out to Chez Doris (Chez Doris Women’s Shelter Foundation). Download and print this donation form, and send it by mail to:
1430, rue Chomedey
In memoriam or tribute gifts
Gifts made in tribute or in memoriam of an individual are a powerful way to honour their legacy. Gifts made using our online donation form can be dedicated to an individual. We will notify friends and family of your gift.
Publicly traded securities
By transferring publicly traded securities such as stocks, bonds, and mutual funds directly to Chez Doris, you will:
- A charitable donation of publicly traded securities such as stocks, mutual funds, bonds or futures results in a tax receipt for 100% of the value of the gift on the day of the transfer. By donating publicly traded securities, you eliminate the capital gains tax that you’d have to pay if you sold the securities and then donated the proceeds. your capital gains tax. Eliminate your capital gains tax.
- You may also wish to consider donating listed securities in your will. Because capital gains will not be taxed, your estate may realize considerable tax savings from your gift while preserving capital for your beneficiaries.
To obtain an Electronic Securities Form, click here. The form must be completed by you or your broker and serves as an agreement and provides instructions for transferring specified securities to Chez Doris’ financial institution. For more information, please contact Marina Boulos, Executive Director at 514.937.2341 #225 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to the generosity of the Doggone Foundation, Chez Doris is proud to partner with Will Power, a national movement made up of charities, financial advisors and legal professionals across the country, working together to show Canadians that they have the power to make a difference through their Will.
To learn more about how your Will can leave a lasting impact on Chez Doris and to calculate your potential gift, visit our Will Power page.
2020-2021 Operating Budget
- Foundations and other charity organizations – 30.7%
- Individual and community donors – 29.8%
- Federal, provincial, and municipal grants– 27.2%
- Centraide – 6.5%
- Other – 5.8%
All monetary donations are tax-deductible. Our charitable registration number is 101835841RR0001, and our official name is Chez Doris Women’s Shelter Foundation.
For more information on any donation matters, please contact us at 514-937-2341, ext. 228 or at email@example.com.