Make a Donation
CHEZ DORIS, DAY & NIGHT
When you donate to Chez Doris, your gift will have a direct impact on the lives of the vulnerable women who rely on our services.
To fulfill our mandate 24 hours a day, we largely depend on private donations and grants. Chez Doris also believes in the importance of providing affordable permanent housing as a sustainable solution in breaking the cycle and homelessness.
In 2021, Chez Doris is preparing to broaden its mission and expand its services with two new points of service: an emergency shelter with 22 beds within walking distance from our day shelter and a permanent residence with 26 apartments in collaboration with the Société habitation de Montréal. These projects will be funded through a major fundraising campaign, launching in September 2021. Other projects are currently in progress.
Other ways to donate
Donate by mail
Cheques may be made out to Chez Doris (Chez Doris Women’s Shelter Foundation). Download and print this donation form, and send it by mail to:
1430, rue Chomedey
In memoriam or tribute gifts
Gifts made in tribute or in memoriam of an individual are a powerful way to honour their legacy. Gifts made using our online donation form can be dedicated to an individual. We will notify friends and family of your gift.
Publicly traded securities
By transferring publicly traded securities such as stocks, bonds, and mutual funds directly to Chez Doris, you will:
- A charitable donation of publicly traded securities such as stocks, mutual funds, bonds or futures results in a tax receipt for 100% of the value of the gift on the day of the transfer. By donating publicly traded securities, you eliminate the capital gains tax that you’d have to pay if you sold the securities and then donated the proceeds. your capital gains tax. Eliminate your capital gains tax.
- You may also wish to consider donating listed securities in your will. Because capital gains will not be taxed, your estate may realize considerable tax savings from your gift while preserving capital for your beneficiaries.
To obtain an Electronic Securities Form, click here. The form must be completed by you or your broker and serves as an agreement and provides instructions for transferring specified securities to Chez Doris’ financial institution. For more information, please contact Marina Boulos, Executive Director at 514.937.2341 #225 or at email@example.com.
There are various ways to give a gift of life insurance, which include:
- Transferring ownership of an existing, fully paid life insurance policy to Chez Doris, and receiving a charitable gift receipt.
- Applying for a new life insurance policy, with Chez Doris as its owner, and receiving a tax receipt for the premiums paid.
- Making Chez Doris the beneficiary of a life insurance policy, and your estate will receive a charitable tax receipt for the death benefits.
There are various ways to bequeath funds or assets to Chez Doris in your will. You can leave a percentage of your estate, the residue or a specific cash donation, a paid-up life insurance policy, securities, or property, which will reduce the tax payable on your estate.
If you decide to bequeath funds or assets to Chez Doris in your will, the following wording may be helpful:
- To donate a residue of your estate, an identified percentage of what is left in your estate after taxes, debts and other bequests are paid:
“I give ___percent (x%) of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate to Chez Doris Women’s Shelter Foundation for its general purposes”.
- To donate a specific amount of money or specific asset:
“I give the sum of $_______to Chez Doris Women’s Shelter Foundation for its general purposes”.
“I give ___ shares of (Company Name) to Chez Doris Women’s Shelter Foundation for its general purposes”.
- To donate a contingent gift, a gift received after certain conditions are met:
“In the event that ____________________________, I give Chez Doris Women’s Shelter Foundation ______________” if …. (e.g. my sister does not survive me)
2020-2021 Operating Budget
- 31% Individual and community donors
- 28% Federal, provincial, and municipal grants
- 28% Foundations
- 6% Centraide
- 7% Other
All monetary donations are tax-deductible. Our charitable registration number is 101835841RR0001, and our official name is Chez Doris Women’s Shelter Foundation.
For more information on any donation matters, please contact us at 514-937-2341, ext. 228 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.